Everyone desires the perfect body, trim and toned with no ounce of fat anywhere. When working out, you tend to lose weight everywhere, even the posterior as it stores fat. You need to work out your posterior to tone it and give it a lift. A great backside looks fabulous in a pair of jeans. One of the most effective exercises that you can do to lose weight, tone your glutes, and have a beautiful posterior is the squat. The squat is an all around exercise. It builds your hamstrings, quadriceps and calf muscles as well.
There are several advantages linked to doing squats, other than it just being a great posterior work out. If you do these squats for 30 days, you will wonder why you hadn’t thought of doing them before! Before you embark on a squat challenge, you need to learn a few things, especially if you are new to them.
“One of the most effective exercises
that you can do to lose weight, tone your glutes,
and have a beautiful posterior is the squat.”
- It is strength training and also burns fat effectively as well. When doing squats, you work several muscle groups at a go. If you add weights to the squats equation, the metabolic rate goes up and you lose more body fat.
- The squat is functional in that it helps you in your everyday life. Doing squats every day helps you do basic things like getting in and out of your car easily, and taking the stairs is no longer such a task.
- It has been proven to be very effective in increasing blood flow to the joints and helps with strengthening the skeleton. It also helps to improve your balance and posture.
- You can literally do your squats anywhere, anytime. The only thing you require is a little space, and you are good to go.
How to do squats properly
Squats have a bad reputation of knee and lower back injury, but only because most people do not know how to do them properly. Here is how you should do squats:
- You should stand with your feet apart, but no more than shoulder-width
- Make sure your eyes are focussed upwards. The best trick is to locate a spot in front of you and keep your eyes fixated on it. This ensures that your chest stays upright and you keep a good balance. Keep your arms stretched in front of you for even better balance.
- Keep your heels grounded when bending your knees. Your knees should be flush with your toes.
- Your squat should be 90 degrees at the bottom before you come back up and repeat.
There are different types of squats, some of which are:
- The box squat: This is for people with short legs. To eliminate the risk of injury, you can design your squat to be such that you sit on a bench or a box as you go down. The box/bench supports you and lets you go into a lower stance than your feet allow.
- Front or goblet squat: For people with long torsos and you hold a weight in front of you. This is to give you balance and to avoid leaning forward as you squat.
- Back Squat: For people with short torsos. You hold a bar against your shoulders, which helps distribute your weight and lessen the risk of back injury
- Toes out Squat: This is designed for people with very long legs. This stance gives your hips a little more space to go lower.
“If you do these squats for 30 days,
you will wonder why you hadn’t
thought of doing them before!”
These stances are designed for your convenience as we are not all built the same. For you to lose weight and get a beautiful posterior, you have to work for it! Find out what squat position works well for you, and get moving! I guarantee you, in 30 days; you will definitely see a big difference.
Are you ready for a 30 day squat challenge?
Share your thoughts and comments with us.